Traveling

Quick post: I'm in Houston waiting a few hours for my flight, and have a moment to reflect. On my flight from MSP to Houston, I met a girl named Chelsea (about my age)  who hates flying. She was sitting right in front of me, and we both had an empty seat next to us. I saw her call the flight attendant over and tell him about her anxiety about flying - something about getting sweaty and nervous...he brought her a blanket - which was slightly strange, given her description of "sweaty." Oh well, he was very nice and trying to help. Through the small crack in the seat, I started talking to her, asking where she was from. Shortly after we began our conversation, she asked if she could sit with me. Turns out, she's also moving to another country today- Mexico. We chatted through the whole take-off and landing (which were the anxiety-provoking parts for her) and slept through the middle. It was a great blessing to me to meet this girl who is in a very similar situation to me right at the beginning of this journey, and to be at the right place at the right time to offer a little comfort. So far, so good!

Also, thanks Jesus for the fitting gospel today - "Amen, I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
- Mt. 17:20

Jesus, use our little teeny tiny faith!

Picture is of a church in Santiago, Spain. It is beautiful, but does not have much to do with this post. Due to technological difficulties, it remains.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting into the groove

'Twas the night before mission

Goodbyes and Hope